Do you want to work with data to help tackle some of the biggest challenges in politics, reputation, and business? That’s why Stack Data Strategy exists.
We work with political parties, major corporates and NGOs around the world to help them understand public opinion, how it affects them, and what they should do in response to it.
We are looking for an ambitious data analyst to join the team and help fuel our growth. From helping us analyse key electoral trends to measuring the reputation of some of the world’s biggest companies, you’ll work alongside a world-class team with multi-disciplinary backgrounds covering statistics, data science and engineering, political science and economics.
Salary: Competitive and dependent on experience
Contract: Full time and permanent
Location: Aldgate, London
Start Date: ASAP
What you’ll be doing:
Your days will be varied and full, with plenty of opportunity to learn. You’ll be:
- Managing the entire research process, from drafting surveys, designing sampling strategies, managing data collection, and processing results.
- Producing analysis and translating it into clear and actionable reports and presentations for an exciting range of clients.
- Learning and applying the fundamentals of data analysis, including regression, segmentation, principal component analysis and more.
- Combining quantitative and qualitative data to produce authoritative advice to clients across the public, private and not-for-profit sectors on strategy and campaigning.
What you’ll bring:
- A strong interest in public opinion, and in politics, with an appetite to engage with a variety of political and corporate clients.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, openness to new ideas, and a desire to learn!
- The ability to deliver complicated tasks in limited time, and the confidence to eventually do so without oversight.
- Some experience in data analysis and/or research.
- Ideally, familiarity with programming languages like Python or R.
How to apply
Please send us your CV and pick two of the following questions to answer in a covering email or letter, taking no more than three paragraphs to do so (use of data definitely encouraged). Send all that to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: Data Analyst Role
Should you be considered for interview, we will contact you by email within two weeks of receiving your application.
- How likely are Republicans to win the House of Representatives in 2022?
- Who will be Italy’s next Prime Minister?
- What is Labour's route to power in the UK?
- Why didn't Change UK (The Independent Group for Change) work?
- Who would win in a hypothetical 2024 match-up, Trump or Harris?
- Is political polling in Canada fundamentally broken?